I’m not sure if it’s the first snowfall for us or not (memory of a goldfish); but it’s definitely the first that’s stuck around and covered the place in more than a sprinkling of white.
Every time it snows, people forget how to drive [I mention that a lot]. I suppose I should be used to it by now.
However, instead of complaining about snow [and the need to shovel it], I’ll list a few reasons why snow is great …at least the first time around.
- First fishtail of the season (always fun)
- It finally looks like winter (not just feels like it)
- Christmas songs feel more appropriate (too bad it’s January)
- There’s always a chance for a snow day (unless the snow comes during holiday break or on the weekend)
- You get to look like a speed demon while driving the speed limit
After that first time, however, it tends to get old. Especially if it keeps coming in droves (or the first time lands six feet of it) or if you get stuck in it. For now, though, I’m just going to enjoy it for what it is: White Magic…er…a white blanket of cold covering the earth.