I been wondering recently [as in the past few minutes] if there are different levels of shallow.
Let’s start with the types of shallow I know then we can determine if they’re one level or the same.
1. The type of shallow when a woman gets catty because another woman wore the same outfit (can this apply to men? [well, it does throw off my game when another guy wears the same socks I do (sock?) I was going to go with tie, but I haven’t seen anyone else rock a Star Wars tie, so…]).
2. The type of shallow where I’m valued by how much stuff I have (Pretty low).
3. The type of shallow where I’m valued by how good-looking I am (Again, pretty low).
4. The type of shallow where I’m valued by how successful I am (I’m sensing a pattern).
5. The type of shallow where I’m valued by what kind of snacks I have in my cupboard (High [this one breaks the streak!]).
Okay, so number 5 may fall under number 1; except we all know how important snacks are. I’m not too concerned about my ranking on the shallow scale, I mean, there isn’t too far to go until you start to become deep. So, actually, I’m looking pretty good.
I just need to take the floaties off my arms…but then I can’t wade into water above my neck (so, like 4 feet?).
But, I still am uncertain how many layers there actually are of shallow. And, if it has many layers, is it still shallow? I think it’s best not to think too hard about it, after all, the more thinking you do, the deeper into this you may get. And–the horror–you might become a deep person. And, let’s be honest, no one wants that. Least of all me. If I become deep, I’ll never get my own reality tv show.
Pardon me while I go stare vapidly into space.