Well, as the Summer Olympics officially start (they actually started Wednesday), it’s time to see what London has come up with. The Opening Ceremony will define the Olympic experience for these weeks. It’s what everyone looks forward to and longs for. So, what do I want to see?
1. Leprechauns. Seriously, we all know they’re real. Just show them to the world.
2. Steampunk. It was invented during Victorian England, might as well show-off.
3. Tall ships. That’s right, not just pirate ships, but privateers.
4. The Queen. This is, after all, London. I’m sure she’ll make an appearance.
6. Quidditch. It wouldn’t be the UK without a little magic and our favorite wizard sport.
7. A dragon.
8. The return of King Arthur. Hey, if anything’s going to bring him back, it’s going to be the Opening Ceremony. All the pomp and circumstance, it’s fit for a king.
9. Mary Poppins. Everyone’s favorite nanny.
10. Harry Potter. It wouldn’t be complete without the boy-who-lived, himself. It’s not England without Hogwarts and Harry Potter. I mean, they go hand in hand…in hand.
Now, to see which ones I got right.